Don't get me wrong, I love warblers. But, tired of trying to see if the bottom
of the foot of a warbler in the top of a fully-leafed tree is flesh colored or
dark. Shorebirds, too, are really great. But, tired of trying to see if the
beak is straight or slightly down-curved when the bird itself is so far away
you can barely see it?
How would you like to see a bird so close that you have to use your reading
glasses? Consider assisting a banding project for migratory Northern Saw-whet
Owls. Banding will extend from 2 October to 13 November on nights with suitable
weather. This spans 8 weeks, but suitable weather occurs on about 6 out of 8
nights. Participants might come out on the same night of the week, or about 6
nights out of the 8 weeks.  Please contact John Confer at
con...@ithaca.edu<mailto:con...@ithaca.edu> for further information.

Hoot,

John