Hi all,
Tim Lenz found a shorebird on the red lighthouse jetty from Stewart Park at
midday today that turned out to be a DUNLIN. It was still there when I
left, on the northern part of the jetty. Yesterday morning Tim found a late
juvenile SANDERLING in the same area, on the red lighthouse jetty. It stuck
around for a little while before taking off for no apparent reason and
flying away to the south. A couple of photos here:
Some other nice birds are still around the south end, including a lingering
juvenile BRANT, female LONG-TAILED DUCK, two female SURF SCOTERS, and 30-40
RUDDY DUCKS.

This morning I walked around the Roy H. Park Preserve and was successful in
my primary goal–a flyover EVENING GROSBEAK! It may have been part of a
small flock but I only heard a single bird calling, distant to the south
along the southern trail. Full list with a poor recording here:
Lots of reports of grosbeaks over the past week, so keep an eye out and
those feeders full! Several PINE SISKINS and PURPLE FINCHES also flew over.

Jay

--
Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library