Morning everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that BirdSleuth K-12 will be hosting an owl pellet
dissection for kids 8-12 during February break (February 21st and 23rd) at the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Kids will learn about ecology, food webs, and
trophic levels; and identify bones and reconstruct skeletons. This hands-on
workshop is for homeschoolers and local school kids on vacation and will engage
participants in the mystery and wonder of exploring owl pellets. Registration
is required to attend and the event is $15 per child. All details and
registration can be found at http://www.birdsleuth.org/event/dissect/.

Whether you have kids/grandkids in this age range or know a friend who does,
help us spread the word! Posters are available if you'd like to help spread the
word at local schools, community groups, libraries, coffee shops, etc. We will
leave some in the upstairs kitchen. Any questions, please see myself or Stacie
Mann.

Thanks!

Lindsay Glasner
BirdSleuth K-12 Outreach Coordinator