So on more careful consideration, and sage input from Bill Evans, I'm going
to retract that bold report, and go with female red-winged blackbird. Which
made more sense to me, given the fellowship with the cowbirds. Ah well.
Welcome to my feeders, blackbirds! They also showed up in the last March 14
(1993) snowstorm in huge numbers.