Upon spotting a flock of Snow Geese at the tail end of a rather lovely and productive though brief birding trip with friends up the east side of Cayuga Lake as far as Union Springs, I saw an odd-looking bird in the Snow Goose flock. There were a couple of grey morphs, but one bird was mostly dark except for a white face patch. The only bird in our guides which it resembled, at a distance, was a Barnacled Goose which I assume is an impossibility. What other bird would have coloration and markings which resembled those of a Barnacled Goose? It was in a flock of Snow Geese in a field of stubble on route 34. Could it be some kind of hybrid?