Our foy BROWN THRASHER showed up at 5:45pm. It was rooting in the layer of mulch along our garden fence line.

For those curious about the PIGEON that had been in our yard for the past couple of days, I finally caught the bird and took it to the Janet Swanson (Cornell) Wildlife Rehab. Center off of Snyder Hill Rd. To the untrained eye the bird looked healthy. However, it couldn't fly very far, so we assumed it had a damaged wing. When examined by a veterinarian, it turns out the bird was emaciated. When I left the center, a rehab person was holding it in a towel and letting it munch away on a cup of seed. It was a racing pigeon. There was no charge to drop the bird off with them. I felt compelled to make a donation!

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes