Although the weather was cold, dark, and windy, there were a surprising number of singing warblers in Shindagin Hollow State Forest this morning, along the road to the bottom and beyond. It was my first trip in there this spring. My eBird list is below. I believe many of the birds are breeders singing on territory.

Anne Marie Johnson
Caroline

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: eBird Report - Shindagin Hollow SF, May 15, 2017
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 12:10:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: ebird-checkl...@cornell.edu
To: annemariejohn...@frontiernet.net

Shindagin Hollow SF, Tompkins, New York, US
May 15, 2017 7:29 AM - 9:54 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Road to bottom, stopped and got out several times. Then parked at intersection and walked maybe half a mile.
34 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  1
Wood Duck (Aix sponsa)  2
Ruffed Grouse (Bonasa umbellus)  1
Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura)  1
Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus)  1
Empidonax sp. (Empidonax sp.)  1
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe)  1
Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus)  3
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  1
Common Raven (Corvus corax)  2
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  3
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)  1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis)  1
Winter Wren (Troglodytes hiemalis)  1
Veery (Catharus fuscescens)  1
Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina)  3
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  6
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis)  1
Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla)  11
Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas)  8
American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla)  5
Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia)  3
Yellow Warbler (Setophaga petechia)  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica)  6
Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens)  9
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata)  1
Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens)  3
Canada Warbler (Cardellina canadensis)  2
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  2
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  1
Scarlet Tanager (Piranga olivacea)  2
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus)  7
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)  2
Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  2

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36872372