Hi All,

Last night, Tim Lenz, Bob McGuire, and I saw the RUFF that has been seen in the
Montezuma area since Dave Nutter discovered it on Saturday, July 8. Like Dave,
we saw the bird briefly at dusk at Eaton Marsh on the Montezuma NWR auto-loop.
We had looked for the bird here and at Kips Island earlier in the evening,
without success, but decided to return to Eaton Marsh at dusk in the hopes that
it would join other roosting shorebirds there. Tim located the bird in amongst
the many yellowlegs somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45, but shortly thereafter,
the bird took flight with a few other shorebirds and left the area. Additional
details, including a photo, can be found in Tim's eBird checklist:

https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38232573

It's worth noting here that the bird looks considerably different than it did
when it was first found. The bird's black ruff is gone, and the bird has a
striking white neck, throat, and upper breast.

Good birding,
Matt Medler
Ithaca