If I may chime in:

 because our crow families do have known territories, and families include
unbanded birds, it would be great to have anyone finding an UNbanded dead crow
in the Cornell Campus-Cayuga Heights-Sapsucker Woods-Airport areas text or
email Kevin or me before disposing of it entirely.   We can use tail shape,
molt, etc to infer which bird it might be, and potentially connect a missing
family member with the death.

And these days of August-September, our crows travel widely, off territory.
Not all our banded crows have tags….these do come off.  So a tagged crow SHOULD
have bands, but a banded crow might not have tags.  Please check those legs
before chucking, in any area.

Thanks from the CRG researchers!

Anne

Anne B Clark