Hi everyone

It has now gotten to that time of year when crows have already been making some
tentative moves with or without sticks and a few non-snowy days will probably
be enough to spark nesting activity.

We crow-people would love to hear about any crows in Ithaca that are breaking
sticks (funny, loosewinged behavior in outer branches will catch your eye),
carrying sticks or going in and out of a spruce or pine.

While we focus on many families around Cayuga Heights, our crows do disperse
and we always look for new families to observe. Obviously a group with tagged
crows is of special interest, but I or Kevin will take any reports.

We would like to know where the crow was (address or x street or other such as
“NW corner of Dankert Park”) and if possible what direction it flew with stick,
or location of tree it went to.

Just applying the “many eyes principle” to a group of bird-observers!

Thanks—Anne

PS for those of you who travel N on Hanshaw from 13, there is a green tagged
female 9U who joined a group there about 3 years ago and has raised young in
’16 and ’17.  She and her group live between Etna and Neimi roads, closer to
Etna perhaps.  Any insights on HER would be great! I keep trying, and thought I
had the site in 2016, but couldn’t pinpoint the tree.  I saw her on Sunday...

Anne B Clark
147 Hile School Rd
Freeville, NY 13068
607-222-0905