At Long Point winery above East side Cayuga Lake yesterday evening. Friend Bill
& I saw one close by in field off Lg Pt Rd bouncing around in tall grass -
taking short flights over grass then landing again, several times. It stood
tall in grass looking around giving good binoc views of its face.

Then after sunset when owl flew away, down towards grape arbor, & out of sight,
 I pulled car off Rt 90 just below winery & the other brew house & was
delighted to see 2 S E Owls sitting in 2 different small deciduous trees,
silhouetted in the orangey fading sunset!

That big field is where Sarah Blodgett saw one flying right over her Sunday
evening.

Donna Scott
Sent from my iPhone