I spent a half hour at Myers this morning, watching the lake and hoping for a
flight of Bonaparte’s Gulls. There was a strong southerly breeze, and not much
going on. The gull numbers were way down from the past few days, but there was
one juvenile Iceland Gull chasing a Herring Gull with a stick in its mouth. All
of a sudden I heard a “tew-tew-tew” call, repeated twice, as an unseen GREATER
YELLOWLEGS flew over headed north. I looked all around to see if it had landed
anywhere. But, apparently, it was just passing through and checking (with its
call) to see if there were any mates on the spit. It is only three days early
from the mean/median date on Matt Medler’s  2000 - 2009 list so definitely one
of the expected birds for this week.

Bob McGuire