Yesterday at about 8:30 am I heard our first of the year Baltimore
Oriole song in our backyard. Although it seemed to be flying around
singing & establishing it's territory, I could not see it. Can't tell if
this is particularly early, as every year I see the first male orioles
exactly as the Japanese Quince flowers open. This year the flowers are
obviously behind schedule.

This morning I saw another(?) Oriole fly off from the tree near the
Dodge Rd. bridge, as I approached around the curve.

A Pileated Woodpecker went around the backyard this morning.  This is
also the time when two males show up and compete showing off on adjacent
trees. One has been occasionally coming to our suet feeder this winter.

Nari Mistry,
Ellis Hollow Rd.