From: <bounce-122562117-3372...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Annie James
<b...@cornell.edu>
Date: Friday, May 11, 2018 at 9:18 AM
To: CLO-L <cl...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: [clo-l] Meet the Scientist in the Visitor Center today and tomorrow!

Hi all,

In addition to the regular Exploration Station, this week we’ll have a “Meet
the Scientist” table set up in the Visitor Center, also from 10am-noon both
days. Our scientist this time is Ruth Bennett, a graduate student in
Conservation Science who will be completing her PhD this summer.

Ruth will be sharing her research on habitat conservation for migratory birds
in Central America. Some of her research occurs in shade coffee ecosystems,
where certain types of coffee production can provide high quality habitat for
migratory birds. I want to extend an invitation to all staff to stop by and
learn more about his exciting research from Ruth. We’ll also be offering free
shade-grown coffee to visitors.

The Exploration Station theme this week is “What Can You Do for Birds?” and
will feature two activities to do here plus a number of suggestions to take
with you.

Feel free to invite your family and friends. Here is the
links<https://www.facebook.com/events/2018274495106244/> on the Sapsucker Woods
Facebook page.

Hope to see some of you there!

Anne