It strikes me that this might just be following the food.  Many years we see
our hummers disappear for a week or more in early June to and then return.
Went to Watkins Glen gorge this morning and was surprised to see many birds.
Not usually the case there. Even saw Louisiana Waterthrush foraging in stream
areas.

Paul Schmitt

Sent from my iPhone