Early this afternoon I heard what I believe to be the loud and insistent calls of a Red-shouldered Hawk. I did not have time to stay and get a visual confirmation unfortunately, but I can't think of a plausible alternative.

Mecklenburg Cemetery is a little tricky to find. I didn't even know it was there until today. It's just off Rt 79. Coming from Ithaca, as you come down the hill into Mecklenburg, just after the post office look for a small lane on the right. There's a telecom company flag by that entrance and one of their little buildings is right there too. You'll see the stone pillars leading to the cemetery. That lane is marked as a road on Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4556008,-76.7094307,17.62z.

The lane itself runs alongside a little creek and is quite birdy. Without really trying I found Wood Duck, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Northern Parula, Baltimore Oriole, and others.

--
Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering, GrammaTech, Inc.
531 Esty St., Ithaca, NY 14850