Cool!!!Great news.Here's hoping the trend continues.Pete SarSent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: David Nicosia <daven102...@gmail.com>
Date: 5/26/19  7:08 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Cayuga birds
<CAYUGABIRDS-L@cornell.edu>, BroomeBirds <broomebi...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Red Knots NJ Delaware Bay Good News I have been in
south NJ past couple days for the annual spring shorebird migration and I had a
conversation with one of the folks who works with the Red Knots and other
shorebirds. He told me that the preliminary numbers from last night's aerial
survey is 30,000 Red Knots which is way above the 10 to 13 thousand that they
have seen for many years. Of course, he cautioned it is a preliminary number
but it falls in line with the horseshoe crab moratorium put into place 11 years
ago in NJ. It takes 10 years for the crab to mature and they are seeing a
rebound in horsecrabs as well. There is a long way to go but it is encouraging.
There are also many more RUDDY TURNSTONES, and DUNLIN. SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS.
Dave Nicosia

        Welcome and Basics
        Rules and Information
        Subscribe, Configuration and Leave