On my way to Chenango Co this morning I noticed an odd looking bird on a
power pole over a wet meadow. My impression was a Wilson's Snipe. So I
stopped my car turned around and went back. On one pole indeed there was a
Wilson's Snipe. I took some photos and then drove a little way down Rte 26
to turn around and found a second one again on a power pole. Both birds
were calling at times and the habitat looked great for WISN, so they are
probably breeders. This is at the southern edge of their expansive breeding
range in the eastern 1/2 of North America. E-bird list with photos is
here....    https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57836210

Dave Nicosia