Northern Saw-whet Owls are about to migrate past us on their way south. And
once again, I will be banding them with the help of volunteers. We have caught
over 100 owls in each of the last several years. Over 12,000 saw-whets are
banded annually, which provides important data used in studieson many aspects
of the saw-whet population. I have used this banding data to write about the
direction of movement, the pattern of movement for different age of owls, and
the influence of moonlight.

This year, more than ever, I need the help of people who can come out
semi-regularly on a given night of the week from early October until
mid-November. We open the nets with favorable weather conditions on about 1 out
of 3 nights.

If you are interested, please contact me at
confergoldw...@aol.com<mailto:confergoldw...@aol.com> or 607-539-6308.

Thanks much,  John Confer