I will be leading a trip “up the lake” this coming Sunday. Meet at Stewart park
(east side) at 7:30am. I am well aware that the forecast calls for rain and
strong southerly winds. Based on Kevin’s infamous adage, “bad weather = good
birding” I AM going to go - and welcome all additional hardy souls. We can
always cut it short if conditions warrant.

Shorebird migration is still in progress and rain + south winds increases the
chance that birds will be knocked down and hanging out on the spit at Myers
(and elsewhere). Also, the ducks have begin to appear in numbers at the Refuge.
The cranes, of course, are still there (70 +/-).

Email with questions.

Bob McGuire