For the record, don’t try this at home! Poke berries are very toxic to humans
and many other mammals though some foxes, mice,etc are resistant, as are many
songbirds that distribute the seeds after ingestion. Make sure your kids do NOT
ingest these.
Poke leaves are made edible only after three separate boilings in fresh water.
See wiki for details.

_______________
Chris Pelkie
Data Manager; IT Support
Center for Conservation Bioacoustics
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road<x-apple-data-detectors://1>
Ithaca, NY 14850<x-apple-data-detectors://1>
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/

On Oct 26, 2019, at 09:00,
"anneb.cl...@gmail.com<mailto:anneb.cl...@gmail.com>"
<anneb.cl...@gmail.com<mailto:anneb.cl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

This morning I have a large number of robins all age/sexes foraging on my
productive pokeweed berries and scratching leaves AND chasing each other hard
and long.  More athletic long chases than I am used to associating with robins.

They are not just chasing around the berries although I watched some head
lowered face offs ( before a chase) on the fence near pokeweed.

Anne
Sent from my iPhone