Good afternoon all,

It's a beautiful, warm, breezy day. We had a great group of volunteers here
this morning helping to remove the invasive honeysuckles that inhabit our
woodland. Lot's of birding done while yanking bushes out! And many birds
enjoyed on a walk afterwards. Here is the bird list I compiled. Enjoy the day!

Montezuma Audubon Center, Wayne, New York, US
Apr 13, 2019 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:    Birds observed during MARSH volunteer event
36 species

Canada Goose  3    On North Marsh
Wood Duck  7    In woodland swamp
Gadwall  3    On South Marsh
American Wigeon  11    On South Marsh
Mallard  4    On North Marsh
Green-winged Teal  6    On South Marsh
Ring-necked Duck  6    On South Marsh
Ring-necked Pheasant  1    Heard in grassland, but not seen
Mourning Dove  2    On ground at feeders
Sandhill Crane  1    Flying over
Killdeer  2    In parking lot
Great Blue Heron  1    Flying over
Turkey Vulture  5    Flying in a kettle
Osprey  2    On nest across from MAC on cell tower
Northern Harrier  1    Hunting northern grassland
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1    At feeder
Downy Woodpecker  1    At feeder
American Kestrel  1    Sitting on power lines along Route 89, near driveway of
the MAC
Blue Jay  2    At feeders
Purple Martin  8    Flying over grassland, and investigating the nest boxes
Tree Swallow  5    Flying over grassland, investigating nest boxes
Barn Swallow  1    Flying over
Black-capped Chickadee  1    Singing in woods "cheese-bur-ger"
White-breasted Nuthatch  1    On feeders
Eastern Bluebird  2    Sitting on nest box
American Robin  1    Feeding in lawn in next to the MAC
House Finch  2    On feeder
American Goldfinch  10    On feeders
Field Sparrow  2    Singing from 2 different points in the grassland
American Tree Sparrow  1    On ground under feeder
White-throated Sparrow  1    Singing in woods
Song Sparrow  1    Singing from grassland
Red-winged Blackbird  4    On feeders
Brown-headed Cowbird  2    Feeding on lawn behind MAC
Common Grackle  3    Sitting in tree above feeders
Northern Cardinal  1    Flying by in woods

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S54906663

--
Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator