I saw several very large flocks of Snow Geese on CR 4 between Geneva and
Canadaigua today.  This afternoon a flock of at least 150 thousand was on the
corner of Gates Rd and CR 4.  As a biologist who studies passerine migration, I
find Snow Geese migration to be an awe inspiring spectacle.  Simply amazing.  I
can’t imagine what these flocks look like as they converge onto their breeding
grounds.

Mark Deutschlander
Professor of Biology
Hobart and William Smith Colleges