Great advice from everyone!
I can't emphasize enough to practice, practice, practice with your scope.
Your enjoyment level will go up by leaps and bounds.
It's a bit like buying a musical instrument.  I've seen people by expensive
instruments, but they don't know how to use them effectively.
I'll second what Kevin said about turning the angled scope on it's side.  I
don't have one, so I can't do that.  But, I have seen plenty of folks use
it that way for various reasons (not just to make it easier for a
shorter-than-you person to see through your scope).  Because I don't have
an angled scope, I don't know how folks with one have suffered.  But I can
tell you as a 10+ year owner of a straight scope that I have suffered
mightily from that configuration, and would trade it away in a heartbeat.
I suppose they have their purpose, but not for the kind of birding I like
to do.

Have fun!

Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and