This morning, we were pleasantly surprised to find two Orchard Orioles
frequenting our back yard flowering quince. Later, the male was heard singing
from various trees in our yard. Details below:

8 Etna Lane, Tompkins, New York<x-apple-data-detectors://0>, US
May 18, 2020 7:29 AM
Protocol: Incidental
1 species

Orchard Oriole  1     Female. Foraging in our back yard flowering quince. First
noted unfamiliar repeated series of rapid “chuck-chuck-chuck” or
“chut-chut-chut-chut” notes. Then a bird near the source calls flew out and
into the top of our side yard honeysuckle bushes. With binoculars in hand,
briefly observed this bird as being a yellow oriole with two noticeable white
wing bars. The bird quickly flew towards the trees in the front yard and was
lost sight of. The sounds were very different than the rattles and alarm calls
of the Baltimore Orioles which have been frequenting our oranges and Concord
grape jam feeders. We have had upwards of 9-10 different BAORs simultaneously
coming to our feeders. Although, it has been notably quiet so far this morning,
outside of a couple of heard BAOR calls and whistled songs.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S69255654

8 Etna Lane, Tompkins, New York<x-apple-data-detectors://0>, US
May 18, 2020 7:49 AM - 7:52 AM
Protocol: Stationary
2 species

Orchard Oriole  2     1st year male with black chin patch and female flew out
of back yard flowering quince and up into Norway Spruce tree. 1st year male
seen well, briefly. Heard repeated “chut-chut-chut” alarm notes.
Baltimore Oriole  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S69255941

Sincerely,
Chris T-H