Not exactly the kind of rarities that are often featured on this list … but one
of my Cornell graduate students is studying seasonal change in starling bill
coloration, and to do that she needs to capture a couple dozen starlings in the
next few weeks. There are no starlings currently roosting in the Cornell barns
that have been reliable for this purpose in the past. If anyone happens to
notice a starling roost that is accessible and at mist-netting level, we would
love those leads. Please contact me off-list at
i...@cornell.edu<mailto:i...@cornell.edu>.

Huge flocks of starlings are certainly everywhere right now on the lawns and
fields and brushlands, but they are unpredictable except at reliable food
sources and at roost sites...

Thanks!

Irby

Irby J. Lovette, PhD