Sorry-late post.  I walked the dogs a short ways down the tower road yesterday 11/26.  (Hunting in the woods at the end of that road) As we were walking back towards Mt. Pleasant a flock of birds swirled up from the east side of Tower Rd.  I suspected Red Polls and returned just after 10 am with my binocs and scope.

So-from tower rd. going east, there are plots where they planted potatoes-no potatoes, etc.  The flock was in the second strip of dead grass/red clover.  They were fairly close to Mt. Pleasant road, and would keep coming down in the dead grassy/clover strip. They would dissapear!  I managed to find a few running around on the ground but very hard to see.  At one point the flock flew up and went to the field to the west of Tower Rd.  They quickly  flew up onto the wires at the intersection of Tower rd and Mt. Pleasant.  When they were swirling and flying around I estimate there may have been about 40 of them.

There are several strips of the grassy/red clover plots, going east from the tower rd., they are dark brown and about knee high.

Good birding,
Gladys