Has anyone seen turkey vultures around? I was driving the back road from
Geneva to Waterloo this morning (River Road) and in the distance saw what
appeared to be a kettle of 8 very large, dark  birds behaving like vultures
in a kettle.....slow, circular motion. I had no binocs to confirm. Just
before seeing this I was alerted to a dark bird flying across a farm field
we with a distinct dihedral and am certain it wasn't a harrier. I pulled
over to look and the bird was nowhere to be found. That's when I caught
site of the "kettle" in the distance of birds too large to be crows.
Pete Sar