The change in the Empire Farm Days location was announced in early October 2020.  It originally rotated around the state until the Lotts convinced the people holding the event that the Lott Farm was conveniently central and could be adapted to make an ideal site, so they it settled in there beginning around1990 for an indefinite stay.  Before that I think the Lotts farmed the land but I don't really remember.  (We lived in Seneca Falls then.)

The Lotts are sophisticated land managers and Ralph Lott is on the Seneca County Bd of Supervisors (the legislature for Seneca Cty). Since they have had had several months to think about this, they probably are far along in their planning.  Someone might want to contact Mr. Lott them before putting a lot more thought into the options available.

Alicia