I just got in from Seneca County and had several flocks of Horned Larks, 2
of which also had Snow Buntings. I saw no large flocks of buntings, but was
happy to have excellent scope views of several of them along with the larks
when they settled in the roadway. The mixed flocks were, first, on Thorpe
Rd immediately west of the Finger Lakes airport, and later near dusk on
Kings Corners Rd just north of McCulloch. In one field the larks were
leaping up and snagging seeds from the head of plants, presumably assisted
by the height of the snow cover.
Jared Dawson
Trumansburg