Check the east side of the lake between Cayuga and Union Springs. Some folks
who came into the MAC told us they saw them across the lake from Cayuga Lake
SP. I've also seen in a hunting group I'm in, that they've been seen in the air
over Auburn. I'm not sure if they are leaving us yet, we already thought that
once, and then BAM! St Patrick's Day we got lucky.

None (to my knowledge) have been seen on the ground in the Montezuma Wetlands
Complex today. Possible there's some way out in the Main Pool at the refuge,
but they're hard to see unless the take flight.

We are seeing big numbers of Northern Pintail right now, check out Sandhill
Crane Unit on Van Dyne Spoor Road, the wetlands in front of DEC Office on
Morgan Road, and May's Point off 89.

--
Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator