Arrived this morning ! (Mecklenburg area). Yesterday we heard an extremely
loud tapping sound that was like a sapsucker but 10Xas loud. When we found
the bird it indeed was a very enterprising YBSA that found our
abandoned parabolic DISH antenna. The exact middle was his microphone. He
found a mate within minutes! Guess we have a new alarm clock. Can be heard
a half mile away with ease.

ANyone planning to bird Fitzgerald Rd area - DON'T. The local Bergen farm
has slathered fields in liquid manure slurry and it really is putrid
outside.
John