We see this every year over our wildlife ponds. The waxwings have
incredible vision and snatch insects easily several hundred feet from the
perches. They are in constant motion.

We are also engaged in a long term odonate study now in its 18th year.
While walking through the taller grasses surrounding a pond we have
witnessed what we call cooperative feeding by waxwings. It appears we act
as "beaters" as we displace the insects and the waxwings swoop around us
for the meal.

John