Hi folks

I saw the original thread on this, and also Chris's reply, both below.

I am not familiar with the models in the Wirecutter article. I have personally
gotten a lot of good info from Wirecutter.

What I can add is that last year I tested a lot of binoculars while buying new
pairs for my wife and myself. Of course we found a lot of great ones starting
at several hundred dollars a pair.

However, for far less money, I was very impressed with the Vortex Diamondback
HD 10x42, which are currently selling for $229 at one major retailer and
probably others.

I couldn't see a lot of difference between these and some others that cost two
and three times as much.

I did not test them long term, nor in wet/foggy conditions, etc.

I recommended these to a family member who wanted to spend just a couple
hundred dollars and he is very happy with them.

Rick