Barbara Clise just put in an eBird list with photographs of an immature GOLDEN
EAGLE seen today along the southern portion of Scofield Road, well within the
Ithaca Christmas Bird Count circle! https://ebird.org/checklist/S99771454

We had the very first Golden Eagle on the count in 2007, and then another one
count week in 2013.

It would be great if we could find that bird tomorrow on the actual count, but
Golden Eagles can travel very long distances in a very short time, so I'm not
that hopeful.

I am very happy to have it confirmed for count week, though. Thank you Barbara!

Kevin

Kevin McGowan
Freeville