A secondhand report came in through the information email of the Rochester
Birding Association this morning of a pair of common shelducks on Conesus Lake.
The person who reported this said that her neighbor—who has lived on the
lakeshore for 35 years and is well acquainted with the seasonal parade of
ducks—told her that he saw the two ducks on Monday or Tuesday of this week.The
report came from the east side of the lake, roughly halfway between Lakeville
and Conesus.

The reporter said the ducks are not there today, but it may be worth looking at
bodies of water near Conesus Lake to see if they are still in the area.

Again, I am passing on a secondhand report that did not include photos, so I
cannot verify that this is an accurate sighting. Just a note to keep an eye out.

Randi

Randi Minetor (she/her)
President, Rochester Birding Association
Author and freelance writer
585-737-3449 mobile
writerra...@gmail.com
Journalist bio: https://muckrack.com/randi-minetor/bio