From: bounce-126569463-82496...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-126569463-82496...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Peter McDonald
<pmcdon...@csufresno.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2022 4:59:34 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Goldfinch eye disease

A number of goldfinch at my feeder in W. Danby have eye disease. They’re so
disoriented they often land on me as a perch trying to find the feeders, which
I scrub each week with warm water and a touch of bleach. Is the LabofO still
keeping tabs on this? If so where to report my data. Other thoughts? It seems
fatal since I’ve found three dead in past 2 months with the ‘glue eye’
diagnostic. I gather their deaths are probably for lack of feeding acumen due
to blindness more than anything. (BTW I only get the list digest here so
include me in any response.) Thx, Peter

Sent from Peter's iPad