East Shore Park is a very small Town of Ithaca park located a half mile north
of Stewart Park on East Shore Drive (NYS-34) opposite the large concrete
building which houses the pumps for Cornell’s Lake Source Cooling system. The
driveway for East Shore Park crosses the railroad tracks directly to a parking
lot for about a dozen cars. South from that parking lot is another driveway for
the Cornell Boating Center with a large orange building and a marina and a sign
aimed at deterring non-Cornellians. The park has a small pavilion with a few
picnic tables & grills, some lawn & shrubs, and rows of large boulders going
down to the shore of Cayuga Lake. There are a few signs, including one which
describes the lake and the view. Although swimming is prohibited, people swim
here, including in December. For birding, East Shore Park gets you half a mile
farther into the lake, where the water is deeper, and where ice usually ends in
winter.

- - Dave Nutter