Just stopped to check out the falls at the overlook- it’s pretty icey but not
frozen!, Luckily my eye happened to catch movement across the gorge. A
peregrine falcon flew up and landed on a downed tree that was hanging off the
cliff wall at a 45* angle or so, directly across from the overlook, to the left
of the falls. It looks like a good perch to check if you have optics. I didn’t
have anything with me, just the scopes that are there which aren’t the best,
but worked well enough to see the bird and confirm ID.

Alyssa Johnson