I'm pretty sure I just saw, and heard, a peregrine falcon high up in a tree
in my neighborhood in South Hill, Ithaca. It was calling loudly and I saw
another one swoop down towards it. This one had the distinct falcon wing
shape. I don't know what else it could've been. They seemed to scuffle for
a brief moment before the visitor flew away. The initial bird was still
there when I walked by 10 minutes later, still calling. Most of what I
could identify from a distance was its white chest. Can it be the case that
these are peregrines?

And btw ... did you know that the word 'peregrino' in Spanish means
'pilgrim and/or migrant' as well as, oddly enough, 'strange'?

best,

*Astrid Jirka*
Director of Tourism Initiatives