Hi all,
As of last weekend July 29-30, Both pairs of Common Gallinule have very small,
very cute young, a pair on each side of Hile School rd through Wetland. They
can often be seen well enough to try for some photos with a longish lens.

I am out of town but wanted to mention it to photographers before they got much
bigger. Gallinules South had 5 when first seen and Gallinules North had at
least 3. A Coopers Hawk has been working the area and of course there are some
humongous snappers.

Oh and multiple Kestrels were collecting to forage in the fields east of the
Wetland, east of 220 last week <Saturday July 29.

I’ve seen no sign of rail chicks, but I haven’t been checking eBird so maybe
someone else has.

Anne

Sent from my iPhone