During my weekly crow census at the Cornell compost facility on Stevenson Road
today I had a 1st cycle Thayer's-type Iceland Gull. Photos are in my checklist
at https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S158795916.

There was not much action at the compost today, with fewer than 100 gulls, and
only a brief appearance of crows (including a 10-year-old banded male).
Thayer's and two banded Great Black-backed Gulls were the only thing of
interest.

Best,

Kevin

Kevin J. McGowan, Ph.D.
Senior Course Developer and Instructor
Bird Academy
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
k...@cornell.edu<mailto:k...@cornell.edu>
607-254-2452

Do you know about our other distance-learning opportunities? Visit Bird
Academy<https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/courses/>,
https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/courses/  to see our list of courses.

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")