Hi all,
A few of us have been working for a while on setting up a Discord server
for rare bird alerts and bird discussion in the state of New York.

Discord is a messaging platform that can be used as an app on your phone, a
software program on your computer, or even through a web browser. This new
server is meant to be a one-stop-shop for regional RBAs throughout the
state. Many other states have already adopted Discord as a way to
consolidate scattered RBA groups, and it has been working well. Ours has
some fun features, like paired Chat channels for each region for asking
questions or reporting less rare species that I hope will also foster more
communication discussion and engagement.

Please follow the link below for more information, including instructions
on using the app and a link to join the server. Please join and start using
it whenever you can! At least for the Cayuga Basin area, we are planning on
having this replace our current GroupMe rare bird alert in the next month
or so.

https://tinyurl.com/NYS-RBA-Discord

--
Jay McGowan
jw...@cornell.edu

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")