1) no captures. At this stage it is purely educational and for my amusement

2) based on the dissection of several LIVE! presentations, articles, blogs
and documentation I can almost assure that spoke 1 gets only the 1 redirect
back that essentially tells it "you need to resolve the NBMA address of
spoke 2".

At that point a resolution request is sent from spoke 1 to W hub to C hub
to E hub and finally to spoke 2. Due to NHRP shortcut spoke 2 initiates a
tunnel back to spoke 1 and sends the NHRP reply over that tunnel. Spoke 1
now has the NBMA address of spoke 2 and presto

So that is all good...I'm just hung up on HIW specifically the redirect
procedure happens

I'm almost confident that my hypothesis is correct - W hub sends the
redirect to spoke 1 as soon as it realizes it is sending a packet out an
interface with the same NHRP ID as the ingress tunnel - but I would love to
know definitively

My lab is tied up right now but if curiosity just won't die (and we all
know it won't) I will lab this up

Sent from my iPad