Hi Folks,

Here a couple of things I could observe for auth proxy on IOS and ASA,
Using radius and tacacs.

I'm sharing it mostly to check if I missed something and because some might
be interested. That's far from being exhaustive.

ASA:
-Best to use radius as it supports dACL
-dACL (proxyACL#) with tacacs is not possible, however setting the
attribute Access-List in ACS shell profile and referring to a local access
list works for me.
-Cut Through proxy are seen as Command authorization for command http with
the destination IP address as argument which make it challenging to match
those request in ACS authorization.

IOS:
-Since 15(1) we are supposed to be able to specify auth list and get rid of
this bad aaa authentication login default:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/security/d1/sec-d1-cr-book/sec-cr-i1.html#wp1883376729
However it doesn't seem to work for me on 15.2(3). If you set up
authorization, it removes the previous one (whether the name are the same
or not)...

R1(config)#ip admission name PROXY method-list authorization TACAUTH
R1(config)#ip admission name PROXY method-list authentication TACAUTH
R1(config)#do sh run | i PROXY
ip admission name PROXY proxy http
ip admission name PROXY method-list authentication TACAUTH
R1(config)#ip admission name PROXY method-list authorization TACAUTH
R1(config)#do sh run | i PROXY
ip admission name PROXY proxy http
ip admission name PROXY method-list authorization TACAUTH

-dACL are now supported with radius. I could make dynamic authrozation
without using that proxyacl# stuff. Not really sure what is minimum version
though.

-IOS uses service-argument auth-proxy, so we can make a compound condition
in ACS to match very specifically AuthProxy authorization request.
-Tacacs shell profile with proxyacl# are honoured by the router.

Cheers,
Bastien
Free CCIE R&S, Collaboration, Data Center, Wireless & Security Videos ::

iPexpert on YouTube: www.youtube.com/ipexpertinc