So last night I was running the TIM on Unity.  When I got to the "Set number
of voice messaging ports" screen I the wizard there is a textbox for Call
Manager Device name prefix.

No matter what I put into this box last night I could not get the verify
button to complete successfully.  The steps I tried were as follows:

1.        I verified what CM has set up as the name prefix under the VM Port
Configuration Screen

a.       CM had CiscoUM1-VI1 configured as it's prefix.

2.       I added CiscoUM1-VI to the lmhosts file on Unity b/c I read this is
related to the NetBios settings.  ( My feeble attempt to resolve the issue )

When the verification step failed I pressed on, and completed the TIM
process, I was able to press the VM button on the phone and get into Unity
after the services restarted.

How do you verify and troubleshoot the Device Name prefix?  Has anyone run
into this problem before?

Thanks,

Alex