Hi there folks!

I'm after any thoughts\tips on checking the sql replication's all good
before you start you lab configs (virtual and real).

My last couple of vrack sessions I've had lots of probs with this.  The
replication is never setup and running at the start of the vrack
sessions so I update lmhosts (checked the cache is good), check
connectivity etc, and then tried the following procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note0
9186a00801d11a6.shtml

for the sa account pwrd I'm trying cisco and blank, I've reset these on
both boxes aswell, same.  Seems to me like some sort of authentication
issue.

I've even put dblhelper on the box & that can't sort it & this always
works a treat in the field!!

So I guess my questions are:

What check do you folks do to check the replication (add a dev & check
the device table?)

What procedure do you follow to get the replication up and running at
the start of your vrack sessions (proctorlabs.com)?

Is this a 'task' for all proctorlab vrack sessions only?  (is this just
a vmare 'feature'?)

In the real lab would we be expected to do this kind of sql
troubleshooting, reseting sa pwrds, assigning roles etc in SQL?

What am I missing!!?

Any help'd be appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil (UK)

consulting | technology | outsourcing

BT Lynx is a Cisco Systems Gold Certified Partner, Microsoft Gold Certified
Partner and HP Business Partner Select / Authorised Services Delivery Partner.
Sales Offices: Sheffield, London City

DISCLAIMER

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ('Intended
Recipient') to whom it is addressed.
It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of
its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a
breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. Neither BT
Lynx or the sender accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan the email and attachments. Any liability arising from
any third party acting on any information contained in this email is hereby
excluded. BT Lynx will hold data provided by you for marketing and promotional
purposes unless otherwise advised. Please see our Statement of Privacy at
http://www.btlynx.com/privacy.asp

BT Lynx Ltd Registered No.2277581 - Registered Office: 3 Midland Way,
Barlborough, Chesterfield, S43 4XA - A BT Group plc company