I don't think you are the only one- I too sometimes have issues with getting
the PRI up and running. Here is the my approach to getting the PRI (using
MGCP) MULTIPLE FRAME ESTABLISHED. The assumption here is that the config is
correct. 8 times out of 10 (my guess-timate) it is confifguration error.
Also make sure that if the SUB is the primary call processing agent, that
phones have registered to the SUB without issue.

(1) no mgcp/mgcp on the IOS
(2) Ensure that if I just used hostname not FQDN in the Device Name field on
CCM. Ensure that no domain name is configured on the router
(3) ** remove any mgcp bind statements configured on the BR1 router. ** I
have seen over and over again issues (sporadic) when mgcp packets are bound
to a Vlan or loopback interface.
(4)  shutdown/no shut the voice-port on the BR1
(5) deb isdn q921. Am I sending L2 messages? Am I receiving something back?
(6) if i am sending L2 Q921 but getting nothing back then time to tell the
proctor (or in PL, reboot the PSTN-WAN).

I stress that I would perform these steps after making 100% sure the
configure is correct.

I think step (3) might resolve most of your problems- maybe step (5) would
too. A reboot would clear both.

If I was really struggling, I would see if I could get the PRI up and
running without MGCP- that would involve removing the bind-l3 on the serial,
removing the service mgcp at the end of the pri-group. So in other words,
just configure with switch-type and pri-g on the controller. If that don't
work then it is more than likely a backbone issue.

Every now and again, when we keep switching from PRI <-> R2 on the E1, we do
seem to encounter the occasional problem with the BR1 T1 PRI (rare) but that
could also be something you are running into.

The PSTN-WAN is a dedicated router per pod so we do indeed reload the
router- but I'm sure shut/no shut on the voice-port on the other end of your
T1 PRI would do the trick to.

----------------------------------

Vik Malhi - CCIE #13890, CCSI #31584
Sr Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.
A Cisco Learning Partner - We Accept Learning Credits!
Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.810.454.0130
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand
and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE
Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage
Lab Certifications.

  _____