JD

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE: [OSL |
CCIE_Voice] Transcoding IssuesDate: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:38:15 +0000

Hi JD: Actually I tested and worked, what I had was: CCM -- h323 G729 (GK
Controlled) --- CME -- H323 Dial-peer G711 to B-ACD I just configured the
transcodec resources and the IPIPGW feature, do you have the allow H323 to H323
command under the voice service? Do a debug voip dialpeer to see what
dial-peers are matched by the call. Regards, Jose

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:41:29
-0800Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Transcoding Issues

Hello, On CME router, I have an inbound G.279/H323 dialpeer for 3xxx and an
outbound G.711/SIP dialpeer for CUE.  Directed and forwarded calls from HQ or
BR1 to CUE worked because of the local transcoder resource that transcoded the
2 different call legs. However, if i had an inbound G.729/H323 dialpeer for
3xxx and an outbound G.711/H323 dialpeer for the AA pilot number, the call from
HQ or BR1 did not go through because the 2 different call legs did not get
transcoded. So my question is it not possible to transcode between 2 different
codecs for the same protocol?  On the CUE case, the transcoder worked because
of the 2 different codecs and different protocols.  On the AA case, the
transcoder did not work, so i assumed it had something to do with the same
protocol.  Does anyone know? JD

http://biggestloser.msn.com/