I mostly use a 1760 as a CME branch router and a 1760 as my HQ mgcp
gateway.  I've rearranged things on occasion to test other scenarios, but
this seems to work for me most of the time.  I only have VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards
and DSPs in each 1760.  I use one port for voice and the other for
frame-relay (1720 as my FR switch).  The other workaround I've had to do is
when I want to play with GK with IPIPGW with different codecs on either side
of the IPIPGW I use the DSPs on one of the 1760s from a Dynamips 3725 which
works fine.

Sounds like you have a nice setup.  I've often thought about getting a
2621XM and a couple E1 cards for better PSTN simulation but am just too
cheap to spend the money.